"I never told my ambitions and efforts and failures to anyone. I listened unmoved to the sneers and ridicule of various relatives who thought my scribbling rank folly and waste of time. That never disturbed me at all. Down, deep down, under all discouragement and rebuff I knew I would arrive someday." - Lucy Maud Montgomery

You can buy my book ROCKY'S PLACE on Amazon and make sure to Like my page on Facebook!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Peace, Love & Rock the Bracelet

My brother gave me a bracelet a couple of weeks ago and I finally wore it today. No idea why it took me so long. I usually wear things right away. I say usually because he gives me things often. Not big things, but little things just because he saw them and thinks I'll like it. It could be a bracelet or a bookmark or a magazine, etc. He is older than me and has always been protective. In many ways he's taken the role of a father. And it took me a while to understand that someone can do something nice for you simply because.

I think a lot about dating and what I expect from someone and a lot has to do with the way my brother treats me and cares for me. So I know how much the little things count. And I always appreciate them when a guy takes the time to do something seemingly small for me. Not a lot of them do. It's not necessarily material, something simple like taking the time to talk or to make things right when they go wrong.

When it comes to things I like, smaller is better...

---Cristina

No comments: